Kate Middleton and BBC director-general Tony Hall had a private meeting, but Kensington Palace has declined to reveal what they discussed or comment on speculation about a secret TV project
Kate Middleton has held talks with the boss of the BBC, sparking speculation that she could be lining up a secret TV project.
The Duchess of Cambridge, 37, held private talks with BBC director-general Tony Hall at Broadcasting House in central London on Thursday afternoon.
It came as Prince Harry , 35, works on a Apple TV+ documentary series with chat show titan Oprah Winfrey – a pal of his wife Meghan Markle, who is believed to have played a key role in the project’s launch.
Kensington Palace declined to comment on what was discussed during Kate’s meeting and the speculation about a potential TV project.
The duchess and Lord Hall of Birkenhead, 68, met at the BBC’s London headquarters after she attended a meeting with the public broadcaster’s children’s and education team, according to the Court Circular.
The meeting took place in her capacity as patron of the Royal Foundation, a spokeswoman for Kensington Palace said.
A spokeswoman for the BBC told Mirror Online: “It would not be appropriate for us to discuss the details of the meeting.”
Kate and husband Prince William, 37, set up the foundation and were running it with Harry and Meghan, 38, until the Sussexes split off and set up their own charity earlier this year.
Last year, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge made a surprise appearance on The One Show for Anti-Bullying Week.
This year’s Anti-Bullying Week begins on Monday.
Before Thursday’s meetings at the BBC, Kate and husband Prince William, 37, met with Grenfell Tower fire survivors and Westminster terror attack victims at the launch of the National Emergencies Trust at St Martin-in-the-Fields in Trafalgar Square.
The couple recently returned from a tour of Pakistan, where they retraced the steps of William’s mum, Princess Diana.
On Saturday evening, the couple joined the rest of the Royal Family, including the Queen and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, for the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall in west London.
Harry and TV titan Oprah, 65, are working on a documentary series on mental health for the new Apple TV+ streaming service.
Details have been kept under wraps, but it is due to premiere in 2020.
When it was announced in April, it had already been in development for several months.
Harry said at the time: “I truly believe that good mental health – mental fitness – is the key to powerful leadership, productive communities and a purpose-driven self.
“It is a huge responsibility to get this right as we bring you the facts, the science and the awareness of a subject that is so relevant during these times.
“Our hope is that this series will be positive, enlightening and inclusive – sharing global stories of unparalleled human spirit fighting back from the darkest places, and the opportunity for us to understand ourselves and those around us better.
“I am incredibly proud to be working alongside Oprah on this vital series.”