Loading...
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Lawsuit: Couple Discombobulated By Media Scrutiny, Might Reportedly Not Win Battle Against British Tabloids -

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Lawsuit: Couple Discombobulated By Media Scrutiny, Might Reportedly Not Win Battle Against British Tabloids

Share this post:

Meghan Markle, 38, and Prince Harry, 35, have become favorite subjects of malicious rumors since they started dating three years ago. Initially, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have kept details of their relationship a secret. But, as per usual, members of the press have found out some details about their romance.

An unnamed source told Sunday Express, at the time, that Prince Harry has been happier than he has ever been for years when he started dating Meghan. In November 2016, the younger brother of Prince William, reportedly, introduced the “Suits” actress to his father, Prince Charles. He, later, released a formal statement asking the public to stop the abuse and harassment that had been directed to Meghan.

Despite that, negative news reports and speculations continue to hound Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s relationship. In an interview with BBC, the Duke of Sussex revealed that he and Meghan were discombobulated by the media scrutiny. Even Meghan, who has been in the entertainment industry for quite some time, was not surprised by the amount of attention that the public is giving them.

“There was a misconception that because I have worked in the entertainment industry that this would be something I would be familiar with,” Meghan stated in a previous interview. “But I’ve never been part of tabloid culture. I’ve never been in pop culture to that degree and lived a relatively quiet life,” the wife of Prince Harry went on.

Loading...

Early this month, Prince Harry decided to sue popular British tabloids for, allegedly, publishing ill-gotten information about Meghan Markle’s personal life. To recall, The Mail on Sunday, published a letter that the Duchess of Sussex wrote to her estranged father, Thomas Markle, just days before she tied the knot with Princess Diana’s younger son.

RELATED ARTICLE:  I ate like Meghan Markle for 10 days and could easily keep it up forever

Days after the Royal couple released a joint statement on their official website, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Prince Harry is taking action against the publishers of Daily Mirror and The Sun for alleged phone hacking. “We confirm that a claim has been issued by the Duke of Sussex,” a spokesman for News Group Newspapers, which owns the Sun, stated, as per BBC.

While some followers of the Royal couple praised them for their latest move, other things that their decision to sue some of the most popular global publications might end up backfiring on them. Aside from the fact that the case will give them a lot of unwanted attention, Royal Correspondent Nicholas Witchell said that suing British tabloids is a huge mistake, for they are not afraid to fight.

Meanwhile, some netizens reacted on a statement of Prince Harry’s pal, Nacho Figueras, who claimed that the actress “gave up everything she had to marry the man she loves.” An online user claimed that Meghan Markle did not give up anything because she is not as popular as other big Hollywood stars.

“This a joke…right? She gave up nothing, marrying has enabled her embark on her social climbing to a greater extent, a lifelong ambition so it would seem,” another said. The Royal couple has yet to comment on these recent remarks. Stay tuned to Business Times for the latest news and updates about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry!

Loading...
Please update your ads.txt file

Share this post: