Loading...
Palace Makes Unprecedented Move to Protect Royal Family Against 'Abusive' Social Media Trolls |

Palace Makes Unprecedented Move to Protect Royal Family Against ‘Abusive’ Social Media Trolls

Share this post:

In a groundbreaking move, the palace has released official guidelines for how to interact with the royal family’s official social media accounts.

In a statement Monday, the palace says: “We ask that anyone engaging with our social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect for all other members of our social media communities.”

The move comes after months of social media abuse directed at members of the royal family, specifically towards Meghan Markle.

The new guidelines, which were shared across the social media channels run by The Royal Family, Clarence House and Kensington Palace, state that comments must not “contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence.”

They must not “promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.”

And comments should not “breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves, be off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible or contain any advertising or promote any services.”

Loading...

The palace goes on to say that they “reserve the right to hide or delete comments made on our channels, as well as block users who do not follow these guidelines. We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law.”

Last month, five women who form an essential part of Meghan’s inner circle spoke with PEOPLE to “stand up against the global bullying we are seeing and speak the truth about our friend.”

RELATED ARTICLE:  Who Is Queen Elizabeth’s Favorite Daughter-In-Law, Sophie or Camilla?

“Meg has silently sat back and endured the lies and untruths,” her former costar says in this week’s cover story. With Meghan and her husband, Prince Harryexpecting their first child this spring, “we worry about what this is doing to her and the baby,” adds the costar. “It’s wrong to put anyone under this level of emotional trauma, let alone when they’re pregnant.”

When Harry first went public with his relationship with Meghan back in 2016, he released a rare statement slamming what he called the racist and sexist abuse she has endured since her relationship with him was revealed.

Loading...
Please update your ads.txt file

Share this post: